EXCLUSIVE: Jack McGee and Joey McIntyre are the only cast members from the original CBS pilot The McCarthys who will be coming back for the new pilot as the once-single-camera comedy, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, is being retooled as multi-camera. The McCarthys, written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, revolves around a big Irish Catholic, sports-crazed Boston clan and the gay son whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. McGee, repped by repped by APA and Semler Entertainment, plays the father, Arthur, a not always politically correct high school basketball coach. Actor-singer McIntyre, repped by Domain and KLWGN, plays Gerard McCarthy, the one short guy in the family who is mad about it. The original pilot was in serious contention for a series pickup in May. It didn’t make the cut but CBS kept it in contention with an order for another pilot. Gluck is exec producing; Richie Schwartz co-exec producing.
Jack McGee & Joey McIntyre Return For CBS’ New ‘McCarthys’ Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive