EXCLUSIVE: Jack McGee and Joey McIntyre are the only cast members from the original CBS pilot The McCarthys who will be coming back for the new pilot as the once-single-camera comedy, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, is being retooled as multi-camera. The McCarthys, written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, revolves around a big Irish Catholic, sports-crazed Boston clan and the gay son whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. McGee, repped by repped by APA and Semler Entertainment, plays the father, Arthur, a not always politically correct high school basketball coach. Actor-singer McIntyre, repped by Domain and KLWGN, plays Gerard McCarthy, the one short guy in the family who is mad about it. The original pilot was in serious contention for a series pickup in May. It didn’t make the cut but CBS kept it in contention with an order for another pilot. Gluck is exec producing; Richie Schwartz co-exec producing.
Jack McGee & Joey McIntyre Return For CBS’ New ‘McCarthys’ Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over