EXCLUSIVE: Jack McGee and Joey McIntyre are the only cast members from the original CBS pilot The McCarthys who will be coming back for the new pilot as the once-single-camera comedy, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, is being retooled as multi-camera. The McCarthys, written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, revolves around a big Irish Catholic, sports-crazed Boston clan and the gay son whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. McGee, repped by repped by APA and Semler Entertainment, plays the father, Arthur, a not always politically correct high school basketball coach. Actor-singer McIntyre, repped by Domain and KLWGN, plays Gerard McCarthy, the one short guy in the family who is mad about it. The original pilot was in serious contention for a series pickup in May. It didn’t make the cut but CBS kept it in contention with an order for another pilot. Gluck is exec producing; Richie Schwartz co-exec producing.
Jack McGee & Joey McIntyre Return For CBS’ New ‘McCarthys’ Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama ‘Victoria’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…