EXCLUSIVE: Jack McGee and Joey McIntyre are the only cast members from the original CBS pilot The McCarthys who will be coming back for the new pilot as the once-single-camera comedy, from Sony TV and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, is being retooled as multi-camera. The McCarthys, written/co-executive produced by Brian Gallivan, revolves around a big Irish Catholic, sports-crazed Boston clan and the gay son whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family. McGee, repped by repped by APA and Semler Entertainment, plays the father, Arthur, a not always politically correct high school basketball coach. Actor-singer McIntyre, repped by Domain and KLWGN, plays Gerard McCarthy, the one short guy in the family who is mad about it. The original pilot was in serious contention for a series pickup in May. It didn’t make the cut but CBS kept it in contention with an order for another pilot. Gluck is exec producing; Richie Schwartz co-exec producing.
Jack McGee & Joey McIntyre Return For CBS’ New ‘McCarthys’ Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming