Genre label IFC Midnight has acquired North American rights to Contracted, about a young woman who fears she’s picked up a nasty STD only to discover it’s something far worse. Eric England (Madison County, Roadside) wrote and directed the pic, which stars Najarra Townsend, Matt Mercer, Alice Macdonald, Katie Stegeman, Charley Koontz, Caroline Williams, and You’re Next/VHS filmmaker Simon Barrett. The AMC Networks-owned IFC Midnight will release Contracted in November. J.D. Lifshitz and Raphael Margules of BoulderLight Pictures are producers. Sundance Selects/IFC Films negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin of XYZ on behalf of the filmmakers. Since its creation in 2010, IFC Midnight’s genre releases have included The Human Centipede (First Sequence), Kill List, Room 237, Maniac, and Haunter.
IFC Midnight Acquires STD Horror ‘Contracted’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line