Genre label IFC Midnight has acquired North American rights to Contracted, about a young woman who fears she’s picked up a nasty STD only to discover it’s something far worse. Eric England (Madison County, Roadside) wrote and directed the pic, which stars Najarra Townsend, Matt Mercer, Alice Macdonald, Katie Stegeman, Charley Koontz, Caroline Williams, and You’re Next/VHS filmmaker Simon Barrett. The AMC Networks-owned IFC Midnight will release Contracted in November. J.D. Lifshitz and Raphael Margules of BoulderLight Pictures are producers. Sundance Selects/IFC Films negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin of XYZ on behalf of the filmmakers. Since its creation in 2010, IFC Midnight’s genre releases have included The Human Centipede (First Sequence), Kill List, Room 237, Maniac, and Haunter.
IFC Midnight Acquires STD Horror ‘Contracted’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish