Genre label IFC Midnight has acquired North American rights to Contracted, about a young woman who fears she’s picked up a nasty STD only to discover it’s something far worse. Eric England (Madison County, Roadside) wrote and directed the pic, which stars Najarra Townsend, Matt Mercer, Alice Macdonald, Katie Stegeman, Charley Koontz, Caroline Williams, and You’re Next/VHS filmmaker Simon Barrett. The AMC Networks-owned IFC Midnight will release Contracted in November. J.D. Lifshitz and Raphael Margules of BoulderLight Pictures are producers. Sundance Selects/IFC Films negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin of XYZ on behalf of the filmmakers. Since its creation in 2010, IFC Midnight’s genre releases have included The Human Centipede (First Sequence), Kill List, Room 237, Maniac, and Haunter.
IFC Midnight Acquires STD Horror ‘Contracted’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ In Profit; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises – Box Office Update
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings