Hulu has given 10-episode series order to Deadbeat, a subversive half-hour comedy from co-creators Cody Heller and Brett Konner (Wilfred), Lionsgate TV and Brad Pitt‘s Plan B Entertainment. Deadbeat, the first co-production between Hulu and Lionsgate, will debut next year. It centers on a hapless but gifted male medium who helps New York’s ghosts settle their unfinished business. Troy Miller (Flight Of The Conchords) will direct and executive produce all episodes of the series through his banner Dakota Pictures. Plan B’s Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Sarah Esberg will produce. Production is slated to begin this fall. Deadbeat will be distributed on Hulu and Hulu Plus in the U.S. in 2014; Lionsgate will distribute internationally.
Hulu Orders Supernatural Comedy From Lionsgate TV & Plan B
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Angus Sampson Joins Hulu Drama ‘Shut Eye’; Manny Montana Cast in ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- NBC’s Matt Hubbard Comedy Pilot Adds Three To Family
- Natalie Martinez To Star In Fox Drama Pilot ‘A.P.B.’
- Maya Rudolph-Martin Short Variety Show Finally A Go At NBC
- Jennifer Getzinger To Helm ‘Miranda’s Rights’, Only Female Director Hire On Drama Pilot This Season
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot