Hulu has given 10-episode series order to Deadbeat, a subversive half-hour comedy from co-creators Cody Heller and Brett Konner (Wilfred), Lionsgate TV and Brad Pitt‘s Plan B Entertainment. Deadbeat, the first co-production between Hulu and Lionsgate, will debut next year. It centers on a hapless but gifted male medium who helps New York’s ghosts settle their unfinished business. Troy Miller (Flight Of The Conchords) will direct and executive produce all episodes of the series through his banner Dakota Pictures. Plan B’s Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Sarah Esberg will produce. Production is slated to begin this fall. Deadbeat will be distributed on Hulu and Hulu Plus in the U.S. in 2014; Lionsgate will distribute internationally.
Hulu Orders Supernatural Comedy From Lionsgate TV & Plan B
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21