Hulu has given 10-episode series order to Deadbeat, a subversive half-hour comedy from co-creators Cody Heller and Brett Konner (Wilfred), Lionsgate TV and Brad Pitt‘s Plan B Entertainment. Deadbeat, the first co-production between Hulu and Lionsgate, will debut next year. It centers on a hapless but gifted male medium who helps New York’s ghosts settle their unfinished business. Troy Miller (Flight Of The Conchords) will direct and executive produce all episodes of the series through his banner Dakota Pictures. Plan B’s Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Sarah Esberg will produce. Production is slated to begin this fall. Deadbeat will be distributed on Hulu and Hulu Plus in the U.S. in 2014; Lionsgate will distribute internationally.
Hulu Orders Supernatural Comedy From Lionsgate TV & Plan B
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'