The true story of the NYC rock club that spawned such acts as the Ramones, Talking Heads and Blondie stars Alan Rickman as its colorful founder Hilly Kristal. CBGB also features a large ensemble that includes Donal Logue, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki and Bradley Whitford. The film crams in more than 60 songs and a dozen on-camera performances including Malin Ackerman as Deborah Harry, Rupert Grint and Justin Bartha as the Dead Boys’ Cheetah Chrome and Stiv Bators and Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins as Iggy Pop. “These kids have something to say,” Kristal tells a TV news crew. “We really should listen.” And how. Director Randall Miller’s historical drama opens in the fall. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘CBGB’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'