The British actor best known for the UK comedy The Inbetweeners has scored the male lead in director Sophie Barthes’ take on the literary classic. Henry Lloyd-Hughes will star in Madame Bovary as Charles Bovary, the provincial doctor husband of Emma (Mia Wasikowska) who endeavors to love her despite her revolt against the ordinariness of her life. Paul Giamatti, Rhys Ifans and Ezra Miller also star. Felipe Marino of Occupant Entertainment is producing Rose Barrenche’s adaptation of the Gustave Flaubert novel. Lloyd-Hughes, whose credits include Weekender and Hello Carter, next will be seen in the feature Dimension. He is repped by WME, Mosaic and Curtis-Brown.
Henry Lloyd-Hughes To Star With Mia Wasikowska in ‘Madame Bovary’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners