The British actor best known for the UK comedy The Inbetweeners has scored the male lead in director Sophie Barthes’ take on the literary classic. Henry Lloyd-Hughes will star in Madame Bovary as Charles Bovary, the provincial doctor husband of Emma (Mia Wasikowska) who endeavors to love her despite her revolt against the ordinariness of her life. Paul Giamatti, Rhys Ifans and Ezra Miller also star. Felipe Marino of Occupant Entertainment is producing Rose Barrenche’s adaptation of the Gustave Flaubert novel. Lloyd-Hughes, whose credits include Weekender and Hello Carter, next will be seen in the feature Dimension. He is repped by WME, Mosaic and Curtis-Brown.
Henry Lloyd-Hughes To Star With Mia Wasikowska in ‘Madame Bovary’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'