The British actor best known for the UK comedy The Inbetweeners has scored the male lead in director Sophie Barthes’ take on the literary classic. Henry Lloyd-Hughes will star in Madame Bovary as Charles Bovary, the provincial doctor husband of Emma (Mia Wasikowska) who endeavors to love her despite her revolt against the ordinariness of her life. Paul Giamatti, Rhys Ifans and Ezra Miller also star. Felipe Marino of Occupant Entertainment is producing Rose Barrenche’s adaptation of the Gustave Flaubert novel. Lloyd-Hughes, whose credits include Weekender and Hello Carter, next will be seen in the feature Dimension. He is repped by WME, Mosaic and Curtis-Brown.
Henry Lloyd-Hughes To Star With Mia Wasikowska in ‘Madame Bovary’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First