Halfire-Core Entertainment, the joint production and financing venture between TV producer Noreen Halpern‘s Halfire Entertainment and CORE Media Group led by Marc Graboff, has added two to its exec ranks. Stephanie Fontana, niece to Borgias and Oz creator Tom Fontana, will serve as Director of Development and Production based in Halfire-CORE’s LA outpost. The 18-year TV development and production vet’s credits include the CW’s Reaper, ABC’s Desperate Housewives, and HBO’s Oz. Also joining the company is Toronto-based Ben Murray, who will serve as Director of Business Development after runs as director of biz affairs and development at Serendipity Point Films and as a programmer for the Toronto Film Festival. The pair will help develop Halfire-CORE’s upcoming slate including half-hour comedy Working The Engels written and exec produced by Katie and Jane Ford and exec produced by Howard Busgang, Tom Nursall and Halpern. Fontana and Murray will also develop the Old West-set 10-hour limited series Billy the Kid for Fox, from exec producer/writer Tom Fontana and exec producer Barry Levinson. Back in March Halfire-CORE established its joint venture developing and producing scripted programming for the U.S., Canadian and international markets. In June, the company signed its 3-for-1 deal to develop a trio of lower budget drama projects for NBC, one of which will be ordered to series.
Halfire-Core Entertainment Adds Execs Stephanie Fontana, Ben Murray
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV