Greta Van Susteren — network programming executive? The host of Fox News’ On The Record took to her blog today to urge Fox to hire Jay Leno after he leaves NBC after next year’s Winter Olympics. “FOX BROADCAST (not Fox News Channel) should hire Jay Leno on February 7, 2014 (of course no one is asking me …),” she wrote. Deadline reported Friday that Leno’s last night as host of The Tonight Show will be February 6. Van Susteren went on to scold NBC about letting Leno go while he still wins his late-slot time slot, saying the network is “rolling the dice. If I were a shareholder, I would wonder about that one.” Her endorsement wasn’t exactly vague: “I think Fox Broadcast should sign him up and compete against his old network,” Van Susteren wrote. Jimmy Fallon will take over the Tonight Show hosting duties shortly after the Sochi Olympics end in late February.
Greta Van Susteren Urges Fox To Grab Jay Leno The Day After He Leaves NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast