Greta Van Susteren — network programming executive? The host of Fox News’ On The Record took to her blog today to urge Fox to hire Jay Leno after he leaves NBC after next year’s Winter Olympics. “FOX BROADCAST (not Fox News Channel) should hire Jay Leno on February 7, 2014 (of course no one is asking me …),” she wrote. Deadline reported Friday that Leno’s last night as host of The Tonight Show will be February 6. Van Susteren went on to scold NBC about letting Leno go while he still wins his late-slot time slot, saying the network is “rolling the dice. If I were a shareholder, I would wonder about that one.” Her endorsement wasn’t exactly vague: “I think Fox Broadcast should sign him up and compete against his old network,” Van Susteren wrote. Jimmy Fallon will take over the Tonight Show hosting duties shortly after the Sochi Olympics end in late February.
Greta Van Susteren Urges Fox To Grab Jay Leno The Day After He Leaves NBC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years