The feature documentary, which debuted at Sundance, centers on U.S. evangelical influence on anti-gay laws in the African nation. Variance Films has pegged a North American theatrical run for God Loves Uganda starting October 11 in NYC and expanding into early 2014. Directed by Roger Ross Williams, who won an Oscar for the Zimbabwe-set short Music By Prudence, the film contends that draconian new policies sending Uganda toward biblical law are being funded by American megachurches. It won the Inspiration Award at the Full Frame Documentary Festival in April. God Loves Uganda is a co-production of Full Credit Productions, Motto Pictures, and the Independent Television Service. Williams and Julie Goldman serve as producers.
‘God Loves Uganda’ Coming To Theaters From Variance Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike