The feature documentary, which debuted at Sundance, centers on U.S. evangelical influence on anti-gay laws in the African nation. Variance Films has pegged a North American theatrical run for God Loves Uganda starting October 11 in NYC and expanding into early 2014. Directed by Roger Ross Williams, who won an Oscar for the Zimbabwe-set short Music By Prudence, the film contends that draconian new policies sending Uganda toward biblical law are being funded by American megachurches. It won the Inspiration Award at the Full Frame Documentary Festival in April. God Loves Uganda is a co-production of Full Credit Productions, Motto Pictures, and the Independent Television Service. Williams and Julie Goldman serve as producers.
‘God Loves Uganda’ Coming To Theaters From Variance Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'