The feature documentary, which debuted at Sundance, centers on U.S. evangelical influence on anti-gay laws in the African nation. Variance Films has pegged a North American theatrical run for God Loves Uganda starting October 11 in NYC and expanding into early 2014. Directed by Roger Ross Williams, who won an Oscar for the Zimbabwe-set short Music By Prudence, the film contends that draconian new policies sending Uganda toward biblical law are being funded by American megachurches. It won the Inspiration Award at the Full Frame Documentary Festival in April. God Loves Uganda is a co-production of Full Credit Productions, Motto Pictures, and the Independent Television Service. Williams and Julie Goldman serve as producers.
‘God Loves Uganda’ Coming To Theaters From Variance Films
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- Discovery Finally Kills 'Sons Of Guns' Citing “Serious And Horrific Nature Of Charges” In Star's Second Arrest
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Crew Member Bryce Dion Dies After Being Shot During Robbery Standoff
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.