There will be no fifth season for A&E‘s veteran drama The Glades despite the series hitting season highs in its most recent season finale. Glades appeared unlikely to continue, and I hear the network made the call this morning. Like its companion Longmire, Glades posted season highs in its finale earlier this week, averaging 3.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 1.3 million adults 25-54. But year-to-year, Glades was down double digits in key demos while Longmire posted gains, likely contributing to A&E’s decision to renew Longmire and end Glades. Still, The Glades, from Fox TV Studios, performed respectably over its run. It was the first A&E scripted series to stick and helped establish the network’s scripted brand.
A&E’s ‘The Glades’ Cancelled After Four Seasons
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'