EXCLUSIVE: Gigi Levangie, who previously helped adapt her novels The Starter Wife and Maneater as successful mini-series, is taking another novel to television. Levangie is set to co-write Seven Deadlies, a drama project for MTV based on her upcoming book of the same name, which will be published this fall by Blue Rider/Penguin. Seven Deadlies, which Levangie will be co-writing with Stacey Title and Jonathan Penner, is set in an exclusive, private high school and centers on a Latina scholarship student who discovers that her classmates carry the bloodlines of the seven deadly sins, and that she must defeat them in order to save the world all while maintaining her GPA. The project reunites Levangie with MTV topper Susanne Daniels who, while running Lifetime, put Maneater in development. The Starter Wife mini premiered to big ratings on USA, spawning a regular series, which aired for one season. Levangie is repped by WME, Wetdog Entertainment and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern. Paradigm-repped Penner and Title are currently rewriting The Bye Bye Man for Intrepid Pictures.
Gigi Levangie To Adapt Her Upcoming Book ‘Seven Deadlies’ As Drama Series For MTV
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate