EXCLUSIVE: Gigi Levangie, who previously helped adapt her novels The Starter Wife and Maneater as successful mini-series, is taking another novel to television. Levangie is set to co-write Seven Deadlies, a drama project for MTV based on her upcoming book of the same name, which will be published this fall by Blue Rider/Penguin. Seven Deadlies, which Levangie will be co-writing with Stacey Title and Jonathan Penner, is set in an exclusive, private high school and centers on a Latina scholarship student who discovers that her classmates carry the bloodlines of the seven deadly sins, and that she must defeat them in order to save the world all while maintaining her GPA. The project reunites Levangie with MTV topper Susanne Daniels who, while running Lifetime, put Maneater in development. The Starter Wife mini premiered to big ratings on USA, spawning a regular series, which aired for one season. Levangie is repped by WME, Wetdog Entertainment and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern. Paradigm-repped Penner and Title are currently rewriting The Bye Bye Man for Intrepid Pictures.
Gigi Levangie To Adapt Her Upcoming Book ‘Seven Deadlies’ As Drama Series For MTV
Trending Now on Deadline
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
- 'The Erotic Silence Of The American Wife' Drama From Sally Robinson & Tony Krantz Set At ABC
- ABC Buys Bookclub Comedy From Patti Carr, Lara Olsen & Eva Longoria
- James Denton To Co-Star In 'The Good Witch' Series On Hallmark Channel
- Pitbull To Return As Host Of American Music Awards