Zeitgeist Films has snagged U.S. rights to murder mystery documentary The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came To Eden, which was announced this morning as a Telluride 2013 selection. Cate Blanchett, Diane Kruger, Connie Nielsen, Sebastian Koch, Thomas Kretschmann, Gustaf Skarsgard and Josh Radnor lend their voices to DGA-nominated Dayna Goldfine and Dan Geller’s latest collaboration. The Galapagos Affair chronicles a real life unsolved murder that occurred in the Galapagos archipelago where in the 1930s a community of European expats flocked to live outside of traditional society. Jonathan Dana exec produced the pic. Celeste Schaefer Snyder co-wrote and produced. Zeitgeist previously released Goldfine and Geller’s docus Ballets Russes and Something Ventured and are planning a NY/LA release in early 2014. Zeitgeist co-heads Nancy Gerstman and Emily Russo negotiated the deal with the filmmakers.
‘Galapagos Affair’ Murder-Mystery Docu Sells Ahead Of Telluride Premiere
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date