FX has acquired a new batch of features, including the Top 3 movies at the boxoffice this past weekend, 2 Guns, Wolverine and Smurfs 2. Also among the stonework’s recent movie buys are animated blockbuster Despicable Me 2, fellow summer hits World War Z, The Heat, Grown Ups 2, Epic and This Is The End as well as Turbo, Pacific Rim, White House Down and R.I.P.D. They join other 2013 top boxoffice performers acquired by FX, including Man Of Steel, Iron Man 3, Fast & The Furious 6 and Star Trek Into Darkness. Noted FX CEO John Landgraf at TCA on Friday, “We have licensed 2/3 of blockbusters and have more than twice more movies than all competitors combined.” The company plans 21 movie premieres on FXX alone in the next year.
FX Acquires Slew Of Summer Movies, Including ‘2 Guns’, ‘Wolverine’ & ‘The Heat’
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup