FX has acquired a new batch of features, including the Top 3 movies at the boxoffice this past weekend, 2 Guns, Wolverine and Smurfs 2. Also among the stonework’s recent movie buys are animated blockbuster Despicable Me 2, fellow summer hits World War Z, The Heat, Grown Ups 2, Epic and This Is The End as well as Turbo, Pacific Rim, White House Down and R.I.P.D. They join other 2013 top boxoffice performers acquired by FX, including Man Of Steel, Iron Man 3, Fast & The Furious 6 and Star Trek Into Darkness. Noted FX CEO John Landgraf at TCA on Friday, “We have licensed 2/3 of blockbusters and have more than twice more movies than all competitors combined.” The company plans 21 movie premieres on FXX alone in the next year.
FX Acquires Slew Of Summer Movies, Including ‘2 Guns’, ‘Wolverine’ & ‘The Heat’
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'