FX has acquired a new batch of features, including the Top 3 movies at the boxoffice this past weekend, 2 Guns, Wolverine and Smurfs 2. Also among the stonework’s recent movie buys are animated blockbuster Despicable Me 2, fellow summer hits World War Z, The Heat, Grown Ups 2, Epic and This Is The End as well as Turbo, Pacific Rim, White House Down and R.I.P.D. They join other 2013 top boxoffice performers acquired by FX, including Man Of Steel, Iron Man 3, Fast & The Furious 6 and Star Trek Into Darkness. Noted FX CEO John Landgraf at TCA on Friday, “We have licensed 2/3 of blockbusters and have more than twice more movies than all competitors combined.” The company plans 21 movie premieres on FXX alone in the next year.
FX Acquires Slew Of Summer Movies, Including ‘2 Guns’, ‘Wolverine’ & ‘The Heat’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot