FX has acquired a new batch of features, including the Top 3 movies at the boxoffice this past weekend, 2 Guns, Wolverine and Smurfs 2. Also among the stonework’s recent movie buys are animated blockbuster Despicable Me 2, fellow summer hits World War Z, The Heat, Grown Ups 2, Epic and This Is The End as well as Turbo, Pacific Rim, White House Down and R.I.P.D. They join other 2013 top boxoffice performers acquired by FX, including Man Of Steel, Iron Man 3, Fast & The Furious 6 and Star Trek Into Darkness. Noted FX CEO John Landgraf at TCA on Friday, “We have licensed 2/3 of blockbusters and have more than twice more movies than all competitors combined.” The company plans 21 movie premieres on FXX alone in the next year.
FX Acquires Slew Of Summer Movies, Including ‘2 Guns’, ‘Wolverine’ & ‘The Heat’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better