FX has acquired a new batch of features, including the Top 3 movies at the boxoffice this past weekend, 2 Guns, Wolverine and Smurfs 2. Also among the stonework’s recent movie buys are animated blockbuster Despicable Me 2, fellow summer hits World War Z, The Heat, Grown Ups 2, Epic and This Is The End as well as Turbo, Pacific Rim, White House Down and R.I.P.D. They join other 2013 top boxoffice performers acquired by FX, including Man Of Steel, Iron Man 3, Fast & The Furious 6 and Star Trek Into Darkness. Noted FX CEO John Landgraf at TCA on Friday, “We have licensed 2/3 of blockbusters and have more than twice more movies than all competitors combined.” The company plans 21 movie premieres on FXX alone in the next year.
FX Acquires Slew Of Summer Movies, Including ‘2 Guns’, ‘Wolverine’ & ‘The Heat’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres