21st Century Fox’s stock is up about 3.8% in afternoon trading after COO Chase Carey announced the buy back, which investors like because it increases the value of their holdings. He assured analysts in a day-long conference that Fox can achieve “an entirely new level of revenue growth and profitability.” He projected that in 2016 the company can generate more than $9B in cash flow. Carey also says that Fox can see high single digit annual revenue growth and rising profit margins, even as it continues to invest in new and existing businesses. “Our first priority has to be keeping the brands strong,” he says. The COO projected that cable channels will see “low teen annual affiliate revenue growth” with the U.S. ones up “low double digits.” Television station cash flow will grow “low to mid teens” each year. And the film and TV production operation will see low single digit growth through 2016.
Fox Shares Rise After It Unveils $4B Stock Repurchase Plan
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Business News
- Hollywood Sexual Harassment Figures Top 2017 Google Searches; Donald Trump Not In Top 10
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Pat DiNizio Dies: Smithereens Songwriter-Guitarist And Soundtrack Artist Was 62
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media