EXCLUSIVE: Fox Searchlight has picked up a high-concept feature comedy pitch that will be written and directed Joe Swanberg, who is coming off Drinking Buddies. Shawn Levy will produce through his 21 Laps banner with Alicia Van Couvering and 21 Laps executives Billy Rosenberg and Dan Cohen. They are keeping the logline under wraps, but it’s described to me as a thematic continuation of Swanberg’s films that tackle the complex romantic relationships between people struggling with commitment. Levy just produced The Spectacular Now, the James Ponsoldt-directed arthouse hit that premiered last Sundance. CAA reps Swanberg.
Fox Searchlight Acquires Pitch From ‘Drinking Buddies’ Helmer Joe Swanberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’