With multiple networks interested, Fox has taken in Broken Girl, a drama project from writer John Scott Shepherd, 20th Century Fox and Prospect Park. It focuses on emotionally damaged Trish Derring who, after she loses the man she saw as her last hope for happiness, decides she has nothing left to live for only to discover she’s literally invincible. Blending elements of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Unbreakable, Broken Girl follows an antiheroine who must live with a body that has become both her fortress and her cage. Shepherd, repped by Paradigm and Joel McKuin, recently created the NBC comedy Save Me and has the feature Jump at Relativity with his producing partners Apartment 3B, Jennifer Klein and Sheldon Turner.
Fox Buys High-Concept Female Drama From John Scott Shepherd And Prospect Park
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate