It’s a high-five at Fox for Fives, a single-camera comedy from writer/executive producer Shawn Wines, executive producer Aaron Kaplan and Warner Bros. TV, which has received a script commitment. The project reunites all the auspices of last season’s comedy Upstairs, which marked aspiring filmmaker Wines’ first sale. Fox brass liked the writer’s effort, based on his viral comedy short, and were interested in developing with him again. Fives is about a group of people who are excruciatingly average (5 on a scale of 10), coming together to battle daily life in the most image-conscious city in the world: Los Angeles. Kaplan has a history of keeping creative teams intact, which has worked well for him. He worked with comedy writer Dana Klein and 20th TV during the 2011-12 development season on Daddy’s Girls, which went to pilot at NBC. The following season, the same group landed a series order at CBS for Friends With Better Lives.
Fox Buys Ensemble Comedy Produced By Aaron Kaplan
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As…
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…