For his first sale in his new role as producer, former TV executive Steve McPherson has teamed with young writer Brandon Schwartz. A half-hour project from Schwartz and McPherson has landed at Fox, where McPherson has a first-look deal. Lionsgate TV, where McPherson also has a pact, is producing. Written by Schwartz and developed by McPherson, the comedy centers on a young hopeless romantic guy who, after being dumped by his first and only girlfriend, moves into a West Hollywood apartment complex with a handsome former gigolo, two aspiring female supermodels, and a self-defense instructor who become his unlikely friends and support group and introduce him into a wild new world he could have never imagined exist. McPherson executive produces, with Schwartz co-exec producing. It’s the first network sale for Schwartz, who previously co-wrote two scripts for Nickelodeon. The writer, son of veteran TV lit agent Scott Schwartz, is repped by Matt Ochacher at New Wave Entertainment and Bob Getman.
Fox Buys Comedy Produced By Steve McPherson
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As…
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…