For his first sale in his new role as producer, former TV executive Steve McPherson has teamed with young writer Brandon Schwartz. A half-hour project from Schwartz and McPherson has landed at Fox, where McPherson has a first-look deal. Lionsgate TV, where McPherson also has a pact, is producing. Written by Schwartz and developed by McPherson, the comedy centers on a young hopeless romantic guy who, after being dumped by his first and only girlfriend, moves into a West Hollywood apartment complex with a handsome former gigolo, two aspiring female supermodels, and a self-defense instructor who become his unlikely friends and support group and introduce him into a wild new world he could have never imagined exist. McPherson executive produces, with Schwartz co-exec producing. It’s the first network sale for Schwartz, who previously co-wrote two scripts for Nickelodeon. The writer, son of veteran TV lit agent Scott Schwartz, is repped by Matt Ochacher at New Wave Entertainment and Bob Getman.
Fox Buys Comedy Produced By Steve McPherson
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”
- ‘9-1-1’: Ryan Guzman Joins Fox Drama As Firefighter