For his first sale in his new role as producer, former TV executive Steve McPherson has teamed with young writer Brandon Schwartz. A half-hour project from Schwartz and McPherson has landed at Fox, where McPherson has a first-look deal. Lionsgate TV, where McPherson also has a pact, is producing. Written by Schwartz and developed by McPherson, the comedy centers on a young hopeless romantic guy who, after being dumped by his first and only girlfriend, moves into a West Hollywood apartment complex with a handsome former gigolo, two aspiring female supermodels, and a self-defense instructor who become his unlikely friends and support group and introduce him into a wild new world he could have never imagined exist. McPherson executive produces, with Schwartz co-exec producing. It’s the first network sale for Schwartz, who previously co-wrote two scripts for Nickelodeon. The writer, son of veteran TV lit agent Scott Schwartz, is repped by Matt Ochacher at New Wave Entertainment and Bob Getman.
Fox Buys Comedy Produced By Steve McPherson
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over