Ian Edelman and Ruben Fleischer have sold a half-hour ensemble comedy pitch with a penalty to Fox. 20th Century Fox TV, where Fleischer is under a deal, is producing. Entitled F.O.M.O. (Fear Of Missing Out), the project is based on an idea by Edelman, creator of HBO’s How To Make It In America. It explores the lives of people in a constant state of FOMO. Stuck in a job they don’t want, a group of young life insurance brokers search for deeper meaning outside of their cubicles. Edelman and Fleischer will executive produce, with Heather Petrigala, head of development at Fleischer’s claudeismydog, producing. Fleischer is with UTA and attorney Warren Dern.
Fox Buys Comedy From Ian Edelman & Ruben Fleischer With Penalty
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer