Focus World, the alternative distribution initiative owned and operated by Focus Features, is partnering with Screen Media Films on acquiring U.S. rights to A Birder’s Guide To Everything, which made its debut at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. The film will hit theaters and digital platforms in the spring of 2014. Directed by Rob Meyer, A Birder’s Guide To Everything centers on 15-year-old birding fanatic David Portnoy (Kodi Smit-McPhee) as he heads off on an epic road trip with a ragtag crew that includes a legendary ornithologist (Ben Kingsley) to solidify a plan in birding history. Meyer and Luke Matheny penned the screenplay. Cast includes The Bling Ring‘s Katie Chang and James Le Gros. This marks the third collaboration for Focus World and Screen Media following The Lifeguard, which hits theaters Friday, and C.O.G., which opens next month. Both played at Sundance in January.
Focus World, Screen Media Acquire ‘A Birder’s Guide To Everything’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories