Focus World, the alternative distribution initiative owned and operated by Focus Features, is partnering with Screen Media Films on acquiring U.S. rights to A Birder’s Guide To Everything, which made its debut at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. The film will hit theaters and digital platforms in the spring of 2014. Directed by Rob Meyer, A Birder’s Guide To Everything centers on 15-year-old birding fanatic David Portnoy (Kodi Smit-McPhee) as he heads off on an epic road trip with a ragtag crew that includes a legendary ornithologist (Ben Kingsley) to solidify a plan in birding history. Meyer and Luke Matheny penned the screenplay. Cast includes The Bling Ring‘s Katie Chang and James Le Gros. This marks the third collaboration for Focus World and Screen Media following The Lifeguard, which hits theaters Friday, and C.O.G., which opens next month. Both played at Sundance in January.
Focus World, Screen Media Acquire ‘A Birder’s Guide To Everything’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'