Focus World, the alternative distribution initiative owned and operated by Focus Features, is partnering with Screen Media Films on acquiring U.S. rights to A Birder’s Guide To Everything, which made its debut at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival. The film will hit theaters and digital platforms in the spring of 2014. Directed by Rob Meyer, A Birder’s Guide To Everything centers on 15-year-old birding fanatic David Portnoy (Kodi Smit-McPhee) as he heads off on an epic road trip with a ragtag crew that includes a legendary ornithologist (Ben Kingsley) to solidify a plan in birding history. Meyer and Luke Matheny penned the screenplay. Cast includes The Bling Ring‘s Katie Chang and James Le Gros. This marks the third collaboration for Focus World and Screen Media following The Lifeguard, which hits theaters Friday, and C.O.G., which opens next month. Both played at Sundance in January.
Focus World, Screen Media Acquire ‘A Birder’s Guide To Everything’
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller