EXCLUSIVE: Focus Features has optioned Rose, a script by Nathaniel Halpern that has been developed by ImageMovers to be produced by Robert Zemeckis and Jack Rapke. The logline: A woman who volunteers to physically fashion herself after another woman loses all sense of identity and begins to covet the other woman’s life. Zemeckis isn’t looking to direct this, I’m told, but there is a strong female lead role, and Focus exec Christopher Kopp is overseeing the pic. Zemeckis, who has eyed such projects as the one on tightrope walker Philippe Petit, hasn’t fixed on a next project to follow Flight.
Focus Features Acquires ImageMovers-Produced Script ‘Rose’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation