The content- and rights-management company will use the infusion from the private/equity venture capital firm to promote growth as FilmTrack works to expand its client roster. Its cloud-based “software as a service” model helps film and TV companies with content delivery and display, contract administration, invoicing, rights management, availability and tracking of physical materials. Insight Ventures Partners, which has backed Twitter, Tumblr and more than a dozen SaaS companies in the past few years, will work with FilmTrack to identify strategic growth opportunities. As part of the deal, Insight managing partners Peter Sobiloff and Nikitas Koutoupes are joining FilmTrack’s board, along with former Miramax CEO Michael Lang, a strategic adviser to the company. “Wider distribution via mobile and the Internet has exploded licensing and viewership opportunities,” FilmTrack CEO Jason Kasssin said. “We help clients reap the benefits from this trend.”
FilmTrack Snags $20M Investment From Insight Ventures Partners
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'