Here’s another newly-subtitled trailer for a Japanese film that’s being offered up by the Toronto Film Festival. The Warner Bros. Japan remake of Clint Eastwood’s Oscar-winning Unforgiven stars Ken Watanabe in the Eastwood role with Koichi Sato and Akira Emoto respectively updating the Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman roles. The action has been transferred to Meiji era Japan with samurai replacing gunslingers. Lee Sang-il directed the film which releases in Japan on September 13 and has its world premiere out of competition in Venice. After that, it travels to Toronto for a Special Presentation.
Hot Festival Trailer Part II: ‘Unforgiven’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’