Here’s another newly-subtitled trailer for a Japanese film that’s being offered up by the Toronto Film Festival. The Warner Bros. Japan remake of Clint Eastwood’s Oscar-winning Unforgiven stars Ken Watanabe in the Eastwood role with Koichi Sato and Akira Emoto respectively updating the Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman roles. The action has been transferred to Meiji era Japan with samurai replacing gunslingers. Lee Sang-il directed the film which releases in Japan on September 13 and has its world premiere out of competition in Venice. After that, it travels to Toronto for a Special Presentation.
Hot Festival Trailer Part II: ‘Unforgiven’ Remake
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?