Here’s another newly-subtitled trailer for a Japanese film that’s being offered up by the Toronto Film Festival. The Warner Bros. Japan remake of Clint Eastwood’s Oscar-winning Unforgiven stars Ken Watanabe in the Eastwood role with Koichi Sato and Akira Emoto respectively updating the Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman roles. The action has been transferred to Meiji era Japan with samurai replacing gunslingers. Lee Sang-il directed the film which releases in Japan on September 13 and has its world premiere out of competition in Venice. After that, it travels to Toronto for a Special Presentation.
Hot Festival Trailer Part II: ‘Unforgiven’ Remake
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Tartaglione
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More