Here’s another newly-subtitled trailer for a Japanese film that’s being offered up by the Toronto Film Festival. The Warner Bros. Japan remake of Clint Eastwood’s Oscar-winning Unforgiven stars Ken Watanabe in the Eastwood role with Koichi Sato and Akira Emoto respectively updating the Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman roles. The action has been transferred to Meiji era Japan with samurai replacing gunslingers. Lee Sang-il directed the film which releases in Japan on September 13 and has its world premiere out of competition in Venice. After that, it travels to Toronto for a Special Presentation.
Hot Festival Trailer Part II: ‘Unforgiven’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’