Here’s another newly-subtitled trailer for a Japanese film that’s being offered up by the Toronto Film Festival. The Warner Bros. Japan remake of Clint Eastwood’s Oscar-winning Unforgiven stars Ken Watanabe in the Eastwood role with Koichi Sato and Akira Emoto respectively updating the Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman roles. The action has been transferred to Meiji era Japan with samurai replacing gunslingers. Lee Sang-il directed the film which releases in Japan on September 13 and has its world premiere out of competition in Venice. After that, it travels to Toronto for a Special Presentation.
Hot Festival Trailer Part II: ‘Unforgiven’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Hobbit', 'Exodus' Lead XMas Frame; Euro, Korea Pics Boom Locally: Intl BO Update
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' Is North America's Biggest Foreign-Lingo Grosser Of 2014
- James Norton Joins Lily James, Paul Dano In BBC/Weinstein Co's 'War And Peace'
- Pirates Spread 'The Interview' Worldwide; China Particularly Curious — Update
- U.S.-Cuba Thaw: What's On The Horizon For Hollywood In Havana?
- 'Wild Tales': Warner's Role In Argentina's Wildly Successful Oscar Hopeful