Fandango announced late Tuesday that it has bought movie promotions rival Quantum Rewards, the #1 provider of ticketing promotions and owner of Hollywood Movie Money. Fandango’s own movie promotions arm was #2 prior to the sale agreement. The NBCUniversal-owned ticketing giant will now zoom to #1 in movie promos and gift cards with Quantum added to the fold. The deal is expected to close by third quarter of 2013. Quantum’s Hollywood Movie Money currency, used worldwide in 28 countries, will now be accepted through Fandango’s website and apps which get over 41M visitors monthly. The union also boosts Fandango’s movie ticket promotions reach to over 95% of US theaters as well as international markets.
Fandango Acquires Quantum Rewards, Now #1 In Movie Ticket Promotions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'