The Season 3 finale of Falling Skies pulled in 3.7 million viewers on Sunday for TNT but saw a fall among key demos from the previous cycle ender. While up 22% in viewers from its July 27 show, that result was pretty much steady with the 3.84 million who watched the Season 2 finale on August 19, 2012 with just a 3% dip. Recently renewed for a fourth season, the Steven Spielberg produced sci-fi series garnered 1.6 million viewers among adults 18-49 and 1.9 million among adults 25-54. While down 11% in the demos from last year’s season finale, those results were up 22% and 33% respectively from last week’s show. Sunday’s finale was also down from the 4.2 million viewers who watched its two-hour Season 3 premiere on June 9 this year. That debut had 1.9 million viewers among adults 18-49, which was about even with last season’s results in the demo. Overall, the Noah Wyle-starring series averaged 3.5 million viewers this season with 1.5 million among the 18-49s and 1.8 million among the 25-54s. Falling Skies launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 in 2011. The third season ranked as basic cable’s top scripted series among adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
TNT’s ‘Falling Skies’ Finale Down From Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit