EXCLUSIVE: NBC has put in development a multi-camera comedy from writer-producers Deborah Kaplan and Harry Elfont (Made Of Honor), with Eva Longoria attached to executive produce. Inspired by the life of relationship therapist Laura Berman, the untitled project centers on a female sex & relationship therapist who helps patients deal with intimacy, love and unusual fetishes — but that’s nothing compared to navigating the relationships with her ex-husband, his new girlfriend and her own mother, all while raising her two young sons. Universal TV is producing. The comedy falls under the first-look deal Longoria and her UnevliEVAble Entertainment inked with Uni TV last fall. Kaplan, Elfont and Longoria executive produce with UnveliEVAble’s Ben Spector and Freestyle’s Francesca Silvestri and Kevin Chinoy. Berman, who has a show on OWN, In the Bedroom With Dr. Laura Berman and is a regular guest on The Dr. Oz Show, serves as a co-exec producer. Kaplan, Elfont and Longoria are with CWW; Berman is with ICM Partners and ROAR.
Eva Longoria Producing NBC Comedy Project Inspired By Sex Therapist Laura Berman
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'