EXCLUSIVE: NBC has put in development a multi-camera comedy from writer-producers Deborah Kaplan and Harry Elfont (Made Of Honor), with Eva Longoria attached to executive produce. Inspired by the life of relationship therapist Laura Berman, the untitled project centers on a female sex & relationship therapist who helps patients deal with intimacy, love and unusual fetishes — but that’s nothing compared to navigating the relationships with her ex-husband, his new girlfriend and her own mother, all while raising her two young sons. Universal TV is producing. The comedy falls under the first-look deal Longoria and her UnevliEVAble Entertainment inked with Uni TV last fall. Kaplan, Elfont and Longoria executive produce with UnveliEVAble’s Ben Spector and Freestyle’s Francesca Silvestri and Kevin Chinoy. Berman, who has a show on OWN, In the Bedroom With Dr. Laura Berman and is a regular guest on The Dr. Oz Show, serves as a co-exec producer. Kaplan, Elfont and Longoria are with CWW; Berman is with ICM Partners and ROAR.
Eva Longoria Producing NBC Comedy Project Inspired By Sex Therapist Laura Berman
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres