EXCLUSIVE: NBC has put in development a multi-camera comedy from writer-producers Deborah Kaplan and Harry Elfont (Made Of Honor), with Eva Longoria attached to executive produce. Inspired by the life of relationship therapist Laura Berman, the untitled project centers on a female sex & relationship therapist who helps patients deal with intimacy, love and unusual fetishes — but that’s nothing compared to navigating the relationships with her ex-husband, his new girlfriend and her own mother, all while raising her two young sons. Universal TV is producing. The comedy falls under the first-look deal Longoria and her UnevliEVAble Entertainment inked with Uni TV last fall. Kaplan, Elfont and Longoria executive produce with UnveliEVAble’s Ben Spector and Freestyle’s Francesca Silvestri and Kevin Chinoy. Berman, who has a show on OWN, In the Bedroom With Dr. Laura Berman and is a regular guest on The Dr. Oz Show, serves as a co-exec producer. Kaplan, Elfont and Longoria are with CWW; Berman is with ICM Partners and ROAR.
Eva Longoria Producing NBC Comedy Project Inspired By Sex Therapist Laura Berman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'