EXCLUSIVE: Sunrise Pictures and Entertainment One are going into the TV business together with a newly minted development deal. Under the Sunrise TV banner, the duo will co-finance and develop pilot scripts with an emphasis on hourlong dramas for the cable market. EOne will produce and handle the worldwide distribution of the projects. “We are very excited to be working with eOne as our company moves forward into the television platform space. We couldn’t think of a better partnership and collaboration to help us enter into this new frontier,” said Sunrise CEO Peter Schafer in a statement today. “We’re delighted to be in business with Peter and the creative team at Sunrise,” added eOne TV CEO John Morayniss today. “This new venture supports eOne’s commitment to dramatic programming, like The Walking Dead and Haven, and we’re looking forward to expanding our portfolio with more compelling content for US and global audiences.” Sunrise Head of Production Joe Dain will serve as executive producer alongside Shafer and Sunrise’s Head of Development Jim Klock. Sunrise Pictures is behind the upcoming films The Trials of Cate McCall, which stars Kate Beckinsale and Nick Nolte, and There’s Always Woodstock. Indie studio eOne’s TV credits include distribution of AMC’S The Walking Dead as well as producing ABC’s Rookie Blue and DirecTV’s Rogue.
EOne & Sunrise Pictures To Develop Cable Dramas Under New Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Tony DiSanto’s DIGA Ups Tommy Coriale To General Manager, Sets ‘Jerky Boys’, Neil Strauss, Jay Sankey, Traci Stumpf…
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Down, ‘Odd Couple’ & ‘The 100’ Rise, ‘Game Of Silence’ Even Against NFL…
- NFL Draft Day 1 Ratings Lowest For ESPN Since 2013
- Kristen Hager Joins ‘The Kennedys: After Camelot’ Miniseries On Reelz
- ITV Taps USA Network Exec Jessica Sebastian As SVP Development
- Netflix Orders ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series