EXCLUSIVE: Actor Breckin Meyer is establishing himself as an in-demand series creator. Thursdays, an ensemble single-camera from the Men At Work creator, has landed at NBC with a script order plus penalty. The project, from Sony TV, where Meyer is under an overall deal, and studio-based Fanfare, revolves around a group of male friends and a weekly Thursday guys dinner that has become a tradition in their busy, chaotic lives. Meyer is co-writing the script with Jesse Stern (NCIS) and will executive produce alongside Fanfare’s Jamie Tarses. Thursdays further expands Meyer’s relationship with Sony TV and Fanfare which are also behind his starring vehicle as an actor, TNT dramedy Franklin & Bash, as well as his first series as a creator, TBS comedy Men At Work, which was recently renewed for a third season. Meyer, repped by ICM Partners, Thruline and David Weber, previously worked as a writer on Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken, on which he also is a voice cast member. He also co-wrote an episode of Franklin & Bash last year.
Ensemble Comedy From Breckin Meyer Goes To NBC With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two