EXCLUSIVE: Actor Breckin Meyer is establishing himself as an in-demand series creator. Thursdays, an ensemble single-camera from the Men At Work creator, has landed at NBC with a script order plus penalty. The project, from Sony TV, where Meyer is under an overall deal, and studio-based Fanfare, revolves around a group of male friends and a weekly Thursday guys dinner that has become a tradition in their busy, chaotic lives. Meyer is co-writing the script with Jesse Stern (NCIS) and will executive produce alongside Fanfare’s Jamie Tarses. Thursdays further expands Meyer’s relationship with Sony TV and Fanfare which are also behind his starring vehicle as an actor, TNT dramedy Franklin & Bash, as well as his first series as a creator, TBS comedy Men At Work, which was recently renewed for a third season. Meyer, repped by ICM Partners, Thruline and David Weber, previously worked as a writer on Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken, on which he also is a voice cast member. He also co-wrote an episode of Franklin & Bash last year.
Ensemble Comedy From Breckin Meyer Goes To NBC With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest TV News
- Bachelor Comedy Starring Gabriel Iglesias In Works At ABC From Ryan Seacrest’s Co.
- ‘The Librarians’ Renewed For Season 4 By TNT
- ‘Quantico’ Ratings Rise Behind Resurgent ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Man With a Plan’ Grows More, ‘Celebrity Apprentice…
- Tucker Carlson’s First Two Weeks In Primetime Outstrip Megyn Kelly On FNC
- NBC Greenlights Pilot ‘5 Gold Rings’, Based On ITV’s Interactive Game Show
- ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Biggest Crowd In Eight Years With Kellyanne Conway “Alternative…