June Foray‘s 80-year career has including voicing Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Natasha Fatale on The Bullwinkle Show, Nell Fenwick on The Dudley Do-Right Show, Cindy Lou Who in How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Tweety and Sylvester’s owner Granny from The Bugs Bunny Show, and Jokey Smurf on The Smurfs. The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Board of Governors has voted to bestow its Governors Award to Foray and will present it to her during the 2013 Creative Arts Emmy Awards on September 15 at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE. Most recently, Foray won the 2012 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program for her work on The Garfield Show, and she continues to perform voice roles. “Each year the Board of Governors recognizes a person or organization whose contributions to our industry will forever live on,” said Television Academy Chairman and CEO Bruce Rosenblum, who made the announcement today. “June Foray absolutely embodies everything that this honor represents. A legend and a pioneer, June is not only in a class of her own, but she literally created that class. There is simply no one more deserving of this honor.” Foray started her career on radio dramas at age 12. After moving to LA she landed parts on several TV series including on Johnny Carson’s first TV series Carson’s Cellar, and one of her first voice parts was Lucifer the Cat in 1950 for Disney’s feature film Cinderella.
TV Academy Bestows Governors Award On Voice Actress June Foray
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Awards News
- New York Film Critics Circle To Vote December 1
- Gotham Awards To Honor NYC Film Office, Aziz Ansari & Judith Light
- ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Leads Australian Academy Awards Nominations – Full List
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Mel Gibson’s Standing-O; Seth Rogen Talks Politics; No Denial Of Oscar Buzz For…
- Oscars: 10 Films Make Documentary Short Subject Shortlist
- Norwegian Hit ‘The King’s Choice’ Gets Royal Welcome In N.A. Bow