Oscar nominee Ed Harris will join Ethan Hawke in the Shakespeare adaptation Cymbeline, which updates the romantic tragedy/comedy to a modern day America where corrupt cops clash with a drug dealing biker gang. In the pic described as Sons of Anarchy meets Romeo + Juliet, Harris will play King Cymbeline. Michael Almereyda (Hamlet) is writing and directing the film, with Anthony Katagas producing for Keep Your Head Productions alongside Michael Benaroya, who is producing and financing via his Benaroya Pictures banner. Benaroya’s Ben Sachs is exec producing. Filming begins in two weeks in NYC. Harris’s upcoming films include The Weinstein Co.’s Snowpiercer and The Face Of Love opposite Annette Bening. He is repped by CAA.
Ed Harris Joins Ethan Hawke In Shakespeare Adaptation ‘Cymbeline’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…