Oscar nominee Ed Harris will join Ethan Hawke in the Shakespeare adaptation Cymbeline, which updates the romantic tragedy/comedy to a modern day America where corrupt cops clash with a drug dealing biker gang. In the pic described as Sons of Anarchy meets Romeo + Juliet, Harris will play King Cymbeline. Michael Almereyda (Hamlet) is writing and directing the film, with Anthony Katagas producing for Keep Your Head Productions alongside Michael Benaroya, who is producing and financing via his Benaroya Pictures banner. Benaroya’s Ben Sachs is exec producing. Filming begins in two weeks in NYC. Harris’s upcoming films include The Weinstein Co.’s Snowpiercer and The Face Of Love opposite Annette Bening. He is repped by CAA.
Ed Harris Joins Ethan Hawke In Shakespeare Adaptation ‘Cymbeline’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest Film News
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says