EXCLUSIVE: Some of the young people, who achieved Internet notoriety by showcasing their lavish, over the top lifestyles on the Rich Kids Of Instagram Tumblr blog, are headed to television. I’ve learned that E! has put in development Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills, a new unscripted series that revolves around a group of 20-something friends living in a world of extreme wealth who caught notice on Instagram. On the proposed series, produced by ITV Studios America in association with Leepson Bounds Entertainment, the offspring of the most elite families and billionaire moguls party, play and support each other against a backdrop of wealth. (Rich Kids Of Instagram is not involved in the project.) Rich Beverly Hills teens have been a staple on TV with the two Beverly Hills, 90210 series. On the unscripted side, well-to-do young residents of the posh neighborhood are featured on another NBCUniversal cable series, Bravo’s Shahs Of Sunset.
E! Developing ‘Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills’ Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over