EXCLUSIVE: Some of the young people, who achieved Internet notoriety by showcasing their lavish, over the top lifestyles on the Rich Kids Of Instagram Tumblr blog, are headed to television. I’ve learned that E! has put in development Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills, a new unscripted series that revolves around a group of 20-something friends living in a world of extreme wealth who caught notice on Instagram. On the proposed series, produced by ITV Studios America in association with Leepson Bounds Entertainment, the offspring of the most elite families and billionaire moguls party, play and support each other against a backdrop of wealth. (Rich Kids Of Instagram is not involved in the project.) Rich Beverly Hills teens have been a staple on TV with the two Beverly Hills, 90210 series. On the unscripted side, well-to-do young residents of the posh neighborhood are featured on another NBCUniversal cable series, Bravo’s Shahs Of Sunset.
E! Developing ‘Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills’ Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- '11/22/63′ Drama From J.J. Abrams Based On Stephen King's Novel Gets Hulu Series Order
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To Fair Start – RATINGS RAT RACE
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox