EXCLUSIVE: The cable network that carries Louis CK’s acclaimed comedy Louie has put in development another autobiographical comedy starring a stand-up comedian. The untitled project toplined by DL Hughley, in the works at FX, is based on Hughley’s life experiences and revolves around him as an unapologetically honest family man and radio host. Hughley has been married for more than 25 years and has three children. He had a New York radio show a couple of years ago and recently signed on to host a nationally syndicated afternoon drive show. Hughley, one of The Original Kings Of Comedy, will co-write the script for the FX project with Sivert Glarum and Michael Jamin (Brickleberry). The three will executive produce with 3 Arts’ Michael Rotenberg and Dave Becky for FX Prods. Hughley, who previously co-created/toplined the sitcom The Hughleys that ran for four seasons on ABC and UPN, is with ICM Partners; Glarum and Jamin are with UTA.
DL Hughley To Co-Create & Star In FX Comedy Based On His Life
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series