EXCLUSIVE: The cable network that carries Louis CK’s acclaimed comedy Louie has put in development another autobiographical comedy starring a stand-up comedian. The untitled project toplined by DL Hughley, in the works at FX, is based on Hughley’s life experiences and revolves around him as an unapologetically honest family man and radio host. Hughley has been married for more than 25 years and has three children. He had a New York radio show a couple of years ago and recently signed on to host a nationally syndicated afternoon drive show. Hughley, one of The Original Kings Of Comedy, will co-write the script for the FX project with Sivert Glarum and Michael Jamin (Brickleberry). The three will executive produce with 3 Arts’ Michael Rotenberg and Dave Becky for FX Prods. Hughley, who previously co-created/toplined the sitcom The Hughleys that ran for four seasons on ABC and UPN, is with ICM Partners; Glarum and Jamin are with UTA.
DL Hughley To Co-Create & Star In FX Comedy Based On His Life
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Names Darrell Hammond As New Announcer
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star