Disney Junior‘s breakout hit Sofia The First broke its own record late last week. The preschool animated series had 2.95 million viewers watching its 9 AM show on August 2. With a guest appearance by Viola Davis as the Buttercup troop leader, the episode topped the princess’ previous high of 2.73 million viewers garnered on its January 11 premiere. The airing had a 6.1 rating among Kids 2-5 with 983,000 viewers in the demo. Although it was in the top 5 demo results the show has had since its debut, Friday’s show didn’t meet the high of a 7.1 rating and 1.15 million viewers among Kids 2-5 from the February 22 episode. Renewed for a second season on March 5, Sofia The First follows a girl, voiced by Ariel Winter, who becomes a princess when her mother marries the king of Enchancia. Airing on November 18, 2012, the special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel. That result made Once Upon A Princess the top cable telecast of 2012 among Kids 2-5 (1.5 million/9.1 rating) and girls 2-5 (954,000/12.2 rating).
Disney Junior’s ‘Sofia The First’ Hits Viewership High
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment