Disney Junior‘s breakout hit Sofia The First broke its own record late last week. The preschool animated series had 2.95 million viewers watching its 9 AM show on August 2. With a guest appearance by Viola Davis as the Buttercup troop leader, the episode topped the princess’ previous high of 2.73 million viewers garnered on its January 11 premiere. The airing had a 6.1 rating among Kids 2-5 with 983,000 viewers in the demo. Although it was in the top 5 demo results the show has had since its debut, Friday’s show didn’t meet the high of a 7.1 rating and 1.15 million viewers among Kids 2-5 from the February 22 episode. Renewed for a second season on March 5, Sofia The First follows a girl, voiced by Ariel Winter, who becomes a princess when her mother marries the king of Enchancia. Airing on November 18, 2012, the special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel. That result made Once Upon A Princess the top cable telecast of 2012 among Kids 2-5 (1.5 million/9.1 rating) and girls 2-5 (954,000/12.2 rating).
Disney Junior’s ‘Sofia The First’ Hits Viewership High
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'