Disney Junior‘s breakout hit Sofia The First broke its own record late last week. The preschool animated series had 2.95 million viewers watching its 9 AM show on August 2. With a guest appearance by Viola Davis as the Buttercup troop leader, the episode topped the princess’ previous high of 2.73 million viewers garnered on its January 11 premiere. The airing had a 6.1 rating among Kids 2-5 with 983,000 viewers in the demo. Although it was in the top 5 demo results the show has had since its debut, Friday’s show didn’t meet the high of a 7.1 rating and 1.15 million viewers among Kids 2-5 from the February 22 episode. Renewed for a second season on March 5, Sofia The First follows a girl, voiced by Ariel Winter, who becomes a princess when her mother marries the king of Enchancia. Airing on November 18, 2012, the special Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess delivered 5.2 million total viewers on Disney Channel. That result made Once Upon A Princess the top cable telecast of 2012 among Kids 2-5 (1.5 million/9.1 rating) and girls 2-5 (954,000/12.2 rating).
Disney Junior’s ‘Sofia The First’ Hits Viewership High
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd