As Disney Junior has successfully established itself as a programming block on the Disney Channel and a standalone cable channel, the executive in charge of it, Nancy Kanter, is getting a promotion. Kanter, previously SVP, Original Programming and General Manager, Disney Junior Worldwide, has been upped to EVP, original programming and general manager, Disney Junior Worldwide. “Nancy’s vision for Disney Junior has transformed it into a creative powerhouse for our youngest viewers and their parents,” said Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide, to whom Kanter reports. Under Kanter, Disney Junior delivered its biggest year (2012) on record for the programming block on Disney Channel and the year’s top 3 cable TV series among Kids 2-5 led by breakout hit Sofia The First, cable TV’s #1 preschool series, which just hit another series high. Since reporting public ratings (as of April 1, 2013), the 24-hour Disney Junior channel, which launched in March 2012, has ranked as TV’s #1 preschool-dedicated network for 16 consecutive weeks among Kids 2-5, outperforming Nick Jr. by double digits and Sprout by triple digits each week. Kanter joined Disney Channel in 2001 and led the rebrand of Playhouse Disney to Disney Junior.
Disney Junior Topper Nancy Kanter Gets Title Bump
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As…
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…