EXCLUSIVE: Production in underway on Disney Junior‘s animated series Miles From Tomorrowland, a space adventure for preschoolers that will follow the voyages of young adventurer and his family. The order will see the series, from creator/executive producer Sascha Paladino (Ni Hao, Kai-lan), air worldwide on Disney Junior and its programming blocks in 2015. “We hope this series will influence a child’s interest in science and technology by introducing them at an early age to the exciting world of space exploration, how things work and what lies beyond the here and now”, said Nancy Kanter, SVP Original Programming and GM of Disney Junior Worldwide. A production of Wild Canary in association with Disney Junior, the series charts the missions of the Callisto family — 7-year-old Miles, big sister Loretta and their scientist parents Phoebe and Leo, who work for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Each episode will feature two 11-minute stories.
Disney Junior Launching Space-Themed Series ‘Miles From Tomorrowland’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'