EXCLUSIVE: Production in underway on Disney Junior‘s animated series Miles From Tomorrowland, a space adventure for preschoolers that will follow the voyages of young adventurer and his family. The order will see the series, from creator/executive producer Sascha Paladino (Ni Hao, Kai-lan), air worldwide on Disney Junior and its programming blocks in 2015. “We hope this series will influence a child’s interest in science and technology by introducing them at an early age to the exciting world of space exploration, how things work and what lies beyond the here and now”, said Nancy Kanter, SVP Original Programming and GM of Disney Junior Worldwide. A production of Wild Canary in association with Disney Junior, the series charts the missions of the Callisto family — 7-year-old Miles, big sister Loretta and their scientist parents Phoebe and Leo, who work for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Each episode will feature two 11-minute stories.
Disney Junior Launching Space-Themed Series ‘Miles From Tomorrowland’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…