The milestone for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures — hit yesterday — marks the fastest time the studio has reached $2 billion in overseas grosses and the fourth year in a row. Disney is on track to have its biggest year internationally; still to come in 2013 is the remainder of the territory rollout for Disney’s Planes as well as Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World (it begins releasing overseas November 8 ) and Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen (international release starts November 20). This year’s releases of course include Oz The Great And Powerful, Iron Man 3, Monsters University and The Lone Ranger, the latter of which has made $130.1M of its disappointing $217.8M global cume overseas.
Disney Surpasses $2B At International Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Croods 2’ Back On Dreamworks Animation’s Schedule; Studio Teams With Jason Blum For ‘Spooky Jack…
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M…
- Broadway Trims Sails, Picks Up Speed As ‘Bandstand’ & ‘Groundhog Day’ Depart
- Disney’s ‘Frozen’, ‘Angels In America’ & Hal Prince: Gerard & Roth On The New…
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Swings To Fox Record In China; Tops $430M WW; ‘It’ Hits $371M – International…
- Ben Stiller's 'Brad's Status' Bows Solid – Specialty Box Office