The once-and-current action hero has irked British media outlets with his less-than-scintillating promo interviews lately. Now Bruce Willis explains why, sort of. During an interview with a Spanish magazine, the 58-year-old star of the five Die Hard films and numerous other lucrative shoot-’em-ups was asked his opinion on action movies. “Explosions are one of the most boring parts of my job,” Willis told XLS, as reported by the Guardian “When you have seen a few fireballs, it’s not exciting anymore. I know part of my audience enjoys the explosions, but to be honest, I’m a bit bored of it now.” And if he’s weary of acting in the flicks, he can’t be thrilled about traveling the world promoting them, right? On the continent to shill for the action sequel Red 2 recently, Willis berated London radio interviewer Jamie Edwards about the lack of thrills he was experiencing at the moment. “Has any actor ever told you this, James? This part is not acting what we’re doing right now,” he said. “You might be, but we are just selling the film now. Sales. The fun part was making the movie.” Wait, didn’t you tell go on to tell the magazine that making action movies isn’t any fun? And this is the guy Sylvester Stallone called out on Twitter as being “greedy and lazy” after they failed to make a deal for Willis to reprise his role in the next Expendables sequel. Back to that XLS interview: “I am very clear with who I am,” Willis said. “I work in all sorts of films, but the action movies are the ones that generate the most revenue. I like to earn lots of money from those.” Got that, Sly?
Die Hard With A Yawn: Bruce Willis Says He’s ‘Bored’ Doing Action Flicks
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?