Dick Clark Prods., producer of the Golden Globe Awards, American Music Awards and Academy of Country Music Awards, is taking on another awards show. The company, founded by the late Dick Clark, has made an investment in the Hollywood Film Awards. Dick Clark Prods. will partner with Carlos de Abreu on the event, launched by de Abreu and Janice Pennington in 1997, that honors excellence in filmmaking and signals the start of the Hollywood awards season. The awards show, which is held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, traditionally attracts a slew of A-list talent. It has never been televised but that will likely change in the next year or so with Dick Clark Prods., which specializes in high-profile TV awards show, on board. There will be no changes for the upcoming 17th Annual Hollywood Film Awards that will take place on October 21, 2013 with no TV presence. The Hollywood Film Awards show will continue to be produced by de Abreu with support from Dick Clark Prods. “The Hollywood Film Awards has done a great job over the past 16 years honoring the best of the best, creating a stellar star-studded event” said Allen Shapiro, CEO of Dick Clark Prods. “We look forward to taking the Hollywood Film Awards to the next level.” The Hollywood Film Awards’ 2012 honorees include Bradley Cooper, Ben Affleck, Quentin Tarantino, Robert De Niro, John Goodman, Richard Gere, Dustin Hoffman, Judd Apatow, Amy Adams and more. Over the past two years, approximately 80% of the HFA honorees have received an Oscar nomination.
Dick Clark Prods. Boards Hollywood Film Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Steven Knight On Fans & Heroes As He Nabs First BAFTA Nomination For Writing Gangster Saga
- Daytime Emmy Nominations: 'General Hospital' Leads Programs & CBS Tops Networks
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- Film Academy Investigating President John Bailey For Sexual Harassment
- SXSW Film Festival Jury Awards: ‘Thunder Road’ By Jim Cummings Wins Narrative
- Deadline’s Contenders Emmys: Invites Out Today For April 15 Event; Star-Filled Lineup Includes Record 100+…