Dick Clark Prods., producer of the Golden Globe Awards, American Music Awards and Academy of Country Music Awards, is taking on another awards show. The company, founded by the late Dick Clark, has made an investment in the Hollywood Film Awards. Dick Clark Prods. will partner with Carlos de Abreu on the event, launched by de Abreu and Janice Pennington in 1997, that honors excellence in filmmaking and signals the start of the Hollywood awards season. The awards show, which is held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, traditionally attracts a slew of A-list talent. It has never been televised but that will likely change in the next year or so with Dick Clark Prods., which specializes in high-profile TV awards show, on board. There will be no changes for the upcoming 17th Annual Hollywood Film Awards that will take place on October 21, 2013 with no TV presence. The Hollywood Film Awards show will continue to be produced by de Abreu with support from Dick Clark Prods. “The Hollywood Film Awards has done a great job over the past 16 years honoring the best of the best, creating a stellar star-studded event” said Allen Shapiro, CEO of Dick Clark Prods. “We look forward to taking the Hollywood Film Awards to the next level.” The Hollywood Film Awards’ 2012 honorees include Bradley Cooper, Ben Affleck, Quentin Tarantino, Robert De Niro, John Goodman, Richard Gere, Dustin Hoffman, Judd Apatow, Amy Adams and more. Over the past two years, approximately 80% of the HFA honorees have received an Oscar nomination.
Dick Clark Prods. Boards Hollywood Film Awards
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'