BREAKING… Entertainment One will release Diana, the Princess Diana biopic starring Naomi Watts, on November 1 in the U.S. in limited nationwide release. The distributor plans an expansion in subsequent weeks. The Oliver Hirschbiegel-directed drama about a secret love affair that Princess Diana had shortly before her tragic death was one of the higher-profile pictures shopped at the Cannes Film Festival, and eOne bought the rights from Embankment Films and Ecosse Films. The deal for the newbie distributor and now the release date firmly in Oscar season certainly puts Watts in the Best Actress conversation. Here’s the trailer for it that dropped earlier this month:
‘Diana’ Release Date Set For November 1
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Team
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'