Universal Pictures‘ Despicable Me 2 continues to rake it in around the world. The animated sequel surpassed the $800 million mark today with Friday’s estimated domestic grosses of $349.9 million and $451.4 million international bringing the worldwide take to $801.3 million. The Universal and Illumination Entertainment pic has opened at #1 in 45 territories and is the second highest grossing pic of 2013 worldwide behind Iron Man 3. Domestically it’s #2 and internationally only third behind Iron Man 3 and Fast & Furious 6. Last month NBCUniversal chief Steve Burke declared Despicable Me 2 the studio’s most profitable film in history; it’s also Uni’s second highest grosser of all time worldwide behind Jurassic Park.
Universal’s ‘Despicable Me 2′ Crosses $800M Worldwide; #1 Animated Pic Of 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE