Universal Pictures‘ Despicable Me 2 continues to rake it in around the world. The animated sequel surpassed the $800 million mark today with Friday’s estimated domestic grosses of $349.9 million and $451.4 million international bringing the worldwide take to $801.3 million. The Universal and Illumination Entertainment pic has opened at #1 in 45 territories and is the second highest grossing pic of 2013 worldwide behind Iron Man 3. Domestically it’s #2 and internationally only third behind Iron Man 3 and Fast & Furious 6. Last month NBCUniversal chief Steve Burke declared Despicable Me 2 the studio’s most profitable film in history; it’s also Uni’s second highest grosser of all time worldwide behind Jurassic Park.
Universal’s ‘Despicable Me 2′ Crosses $800M Worldwide; #1 Animated Pic Of 2013
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'