Universal Pictures‘ Despicable Me 2 continues to rake it in around the world. The animated sequel surpassed the $800 million mark today with Friday’s estimated domestic grosses of $349.9 million and $451.4 million international bringing the worldwide take to $801.3 million. The Universal and Illumination Entertainment pic has opened at #1 in 45 territories and is the second highest grossing pic of 2013 worldwide behind Iron Man 3. Domestically it’s #2 and internationally only third behind Iron Man 3 and Fast & Furious 6. Last month NBCUniversal chief Steve Burke declared Despicable Me 2 the studio’s most profitable film in history; it’s also Uni’s second highest grosser of all time worldwide behind Jurassic Park.
Universal’s ‘Despicable Me 2′ Crosses $800M Worldwide; #1 Animated Pic Of 2013
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016