Universal Pictures‘ Despicable Me 2 continues to rake it in around the world. The animated sequel surpassed the $800 million mark today with Friday’s estimated domestic grosses of $349.9 million and $451.4 million international bringing the worldwide take to $801.3 million. The Universal and Illumination Entertainment pic has opened at #1 in 45 territories and is the second highest grossing pic of 2013 worldwide behind Iron Man 3. Domestically it’s #2 and internationally only third behind Iron Man 3 and Fast & Furious 6. Last month NBCUniversal chief Steve Burke declared Despicable Me 2 the studio’s most profitable film in history; it’s also Uni’s second highest grosser of all time worldwide behind Jurassic Park.
Universal’s ‘Despicable Me 2′ Crosses $800M Worldwide; #1 Animated Pic Of 2013
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer