Universal Pictures‘ Despicable Me 2 continues to rake it in around the world. The animated sequel surpassed the $800 million mark today with Friday’s estimated domestic grosses of $349.9 million and $451.4 million international bringing the worldwide take to $801.3 million. The Universal and Illumination Entertainment pic has opened at #1 in 45 territories and is the second highest grossing pic of 2013 worldwide behind Iron Man 3. Domestically it’s #2 and internationally only third behind Iron Man 3 and Fast & Furious 6. Last month NBCUniversal chief Steve Burke declared Despicable Me 2 the studio’s most profitable film in history; it’s also Uni’s second highest grosser of all time worldwide behind Jurassic Park.
Universal’s ‘Despicable Me 2′ Crosses $800M Worldwide; #1 Animated Pic Of 2013
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'