Danny Boyle is turning to television with Channel 4 pilot Babylon. The UK network says BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong are scripting the pilot. Their credits include TV series Fresh Meat and Peep Show, and the feature Four Lions. Boyle is producing and will direct. Details are being kept under wraps, but the series is said to be a contemporary police drama. The pilot will air in 2014 with casting underway for production later this year. Boyle previously collaborated with Channel 4’s Film4 on his Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire.
Danny Boyle To Produce & Direct Cop Drama For Channel 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest International News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- Donald Trump Set To Visit The UK In Early 2018; Protests Expected
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas
- White House Dismisses Donald Trump Accusers As Sen. Gillibrand Demands Resignation
- Europacorp TV Studios Options ‘Ruiner’ Video Game; DJ2 To Produce
- Golden Globes: Angelina Jolie Scores Second Foreign Language Nomination