Danny Boyle is turning to television with Channel 4 pilot Babylon. The UK network says BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong are scripting the pilot. Their credits include TV series Fresh Meat and Peep Show, and the feature Four Lions. Boyle is producing and will direct. Details are being kept under wraps, but the series is said to be a contemporary police drama. The pilot will air in 2014 with casting underway for production later this year. Boyle previously collaborated with Channel 4’s Film4 on his Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire.
Danny Boyle To Produce & Direct Cop Drama For Channel 4
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest International News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims