Danny Boyle is turning to television with Channel 4 pilot Babylon. The UK network says BAFTA winners Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong are scripting the pilot. Their credits include TV series Fresh Meat and Peep Show, and the feature Four Lions. Boyle is producing and will direct. Details are being kept under wraps, but the series is said to be a contemporary police drama. The pilot will air in 2014 with casting underway for production later this year. Boyle previously collaborated with Channel 4’s Film4 on his Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire.
Danny Boyle To Produce & Direct Cop Drama For Channel 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest International News
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’, An Ode To Musicals, Romance & L.A., Ready To Launch Venice And…
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- ‘On The Milky Road’: Emir Kusturica Woos Monica Bellucci, With Pumpkins – Venice
- European Union Orders Apple To Pay Ireland $14.5B For “Illegal” Tax Savings