A day after Focus Features moved up the film’s release date by five weeks to November 1, the first official trailer for Dallas Buyers Club has hit the web. Matthew McConaughey lost about 40 pounds to play Ron Woodroof, a real-life Texas electrician who found himself in a life-or-death battle with the medical establishment and pharmaceutical companies after being diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. Focus is positioning the film for an awards run. Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto and Steve Zahn also star in Jean-Marc Vallée’s period drama, which will have its world premiere next month at Toronto. Scripted by Craig Borten and Melissa Wallack, Dallas Buyers Club was produced by Robbie Brenner and Rachel Winter. Take a look:
Hot Trailer: ‘Dallas Buyers Club’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'