A day after Focus Features moved up the film’s release date by five weeks to November 1, the first official trailer for Dallas Buyers Club has hit the web. Matthew McConaughey lost about 40 pounds to play Ron Woodroof, a real-life Texas electrician who found himself in a life-or-death battle with the medical establishment and pharmaceutical companies after being diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. Focus is positioning the film for an awards run. Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto and Steve Zahn also star in Jean-Marc Vallée’s period drama, which will have its world premiere next month at Toronto. Scripted by Craig Borten and Melissa Wallack, Dallas Buyers Club was produced by Robbie Brenner and Rachel Winter. Take a look:
Hot Trailer: ‘Dallas Buyers Club’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'