A day after Focus Features moved up the film’s release date by five weeks to November 1, the first official trailer for Dallas Buyers Club has hit the web. Matthew McConaughey lost about 40 pounds to play Ron Woodroof, a real-life Texas electrician who found himself in a life-or-death battle with the medical establishment and pharmaceutical companies after being diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. Focus is positioning the film for an awards run. Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto and Steve Zahn also star in Jean-Marc Vallée’s period drama, which will have its world premiere next month at Toronto. Scripted by Craig Borten and Melissa Wallack, Dallas Buyers Club was produced by Robbie Brenner and Rachel Winter. Take a look:
Hot Trailer: ‘Dallas Buyers Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video