Original CSI cast member George Eads will miss at least portion of the crime series’ upcoming 14th season over a personnel issue. It is understood that Eads got into an altercation with a pregnant writer on the show over what was described as creative issues. “George Eads will not appear in several episodes during the first half of the season,” CSI producer CBS TV Studios said in a statement. “We look forward to him returning to CSI very soon.” It is unclear when Eads, who is under contract, will rejoin the show. Last year, another regular on a CBS/CBS TV Studios drama, Jennifer Esposito of Blue Bloods, was put on a temporary leave and never returned. For Eads, this is the second time off CSI after he was briefly fired over salary demands during 2004 renegotiations.
‘CSI’s George Eads On Leave Of Absence Over On-Set Altercation
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'