EXCLUSIVE: Conde Nast Entertainment‘s EVP of alternative programming Michael Klein is transitioning to a new role at the company. He has been named EVP, program and content strategy, digital channels, overseeing program development, production and content strategy for the Conde Nast-branded digital channels. Klein, who reports to CNE president Dawn Ostroff, replaces Robert Green, who will be leaving CNE after a seven-month stint. There are currently six CN digital channels, with the number expected to go up by 2-3 by the end of the year and another 7 next year until all 20 brands in the CN publishing portfolio has its own digital extension. Klein, who has been at CNE since April 2012, has shepherded the company’s reality television development, setting up such projects as Vanity Fair Confidential on Investigation Discovery and The Fashion Fund on the Ovation Network. He will now use his unscripted background (Klein was previously SVP of programming and development at the Sundance Channel), to guide CNE’s expansion from short to longer-form original digital programming. Search is underway for a replacement.
Conde Nast Entertainment’s Michael Klein Takes Oversight Of Digital Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks