Comedian Dave Attell is back in business with Comedy Central. The cable network has ordered its first-ever weekly late-night stand-up series hosted by Attell, who also will headline a one-hour stand-up special. The eight-episode series and the special, both executive produced by Attell and 3 Arts, will premiere in 2014. “When I was first approached for this, I thought someone said ‘Dave Chappelle,’ said Comedy Central’s Kent Alterman. “I immediately said yes. I love Dave Attell, too, so it’s fine.” Attell is a familiar face on Comedy Central where his late-night travelogue series Insomniac With Dave Attell aired for four seasons and spawned several hourlong specials. His other Comedy Central projects have included the revival of The Gong Show With Dave Attell, working as a contributor to The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, a frequent panelist on Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn, and doing a Comedy Central Presents stand-up special.
Comedy Central Orders Dave Attell Stand-Up Series & Special
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates