Cinedigm acquired the North American distribution rights to Adventures Of The Penguin King, a documentary produced by Atlantic Productions that tracks the exploits of one King Penguin. The film was shot entirely in 4K 3D, and Cinedigm is planning a multi-platform release this winter. The film follows Rex–a King Penguin voiced by Tim Allen–starting as a young King Penguin living near the remote island of South Georgia also known as “Penguin City,” a sub-Antarctic habitat that plays host to leopard and elephant seals, albatrosses, and six million penguins. After years at sea as a bachelor, Rex’s adventure begins when he ventures to start a family. “King Penguins are surprisingly expressive, full of character, and despite the harsh realities of filming for five months in the remote Antarctic, we were able to capture a moving and irresistibly comic story of one penguin’s challenge to find a mate and raise a chick,” said producer Anthony Geffen.
Cinedigm Acquires ‘Adventures Of The Penguin King’ Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings