Taxi: Brooklyn South, a 12-episode TF1 drama series set and filming in the U.S., has assembled a cast of familiar American TV names. Grey’s Anatomy alumna Chyler Leigh and Jacky Ido (Inglorious Basterds) are set as the leads in the project, based on Luc Besson’s Taxi feature franchise. Former Blue Bloods co-star Jennifer Esposito, Ally Walker (Profiler), James Colby (Body Of Proof), Bill Heck (Person Of Interest), Jose Zuniga and Raul Casso round out the cast of the series, written by Gary Scott Thompson (The Fast And The Furious) who serves as showrunner. Shooting started in New York last week without U.S. distribution locked in yet, something the producers from EuropaCorp and TF1 plan to pursue when they have a finished product in hand. Taxi: Brooklyn South centers on Caitlyn Sullivan (Leigh), a brilliant investigator at the Brooklyn Police Station whose stubborn character and her recklessness behind the wheel have made her an outcast within the NYPD. She teams with Marseille-born Leo Romba, a happy New York Taxi driver full of energy and care for his clients, to form the most improbable and efficient partnership to solve crimes and mysteries around Brooklyn. The first two episodes of the series are being directed by Olivier Megaton (Taken 2). Leigh is with UTA and Burstein Co.
Chyler Leigh, Jacky Ido, Jennifer Esposito & Ally Walker To Star In Luc Besson/Gary Scott Thompson’s TF1 Show ‘Taxi: Brooklyn South’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur