EXCLUSIVE: Former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller has teamed with Zev Borow, former writer on the NBC spy dramedy, for a cop/family drama that has sold to Fox. Written by Borow with Miller supervising, Bad Guys centers on Lea Morris, a NYPD detective and a single mom raising a teenage son, and her dad Nalin Morris, a recently paroled ex-con who wants a second chance with his daughter and a first with his grandson. Per the project’s logline, “Bad Guys affirms the ancient truth: You can’t pick your family, but with any luck you can arrest them.” Borrow and Miller will executive produce for Warner Bros TV where Miller is under a deal. The project reunites Miller and Borow with Fox — Miller served as showrunner on the network’s WBTV-produced drama Human Target, on which Borow was a writer. WME-repped Miller was executive producer/showrunner on the pilot for the upcoming CW/WBTV drama series The 100, on which he will be a consulting producer. He also recently sold a high-concept crime drama to ABC with a put pilot commitment. Borow, repped by UTA and Todd Rubenstein, is the writer/exec producer of USA’s comedy pilot Love Is Dead.
‘Chuck’ Duo Sells Daughter-Father Cop Drama To Fox
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As…
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…