EXCLUSIVE: Former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller has teamed with Zev Borow, former writer on the NBC spy dramedy, for a cop/family drama that has sold to Fox. Written by Borow with Miller supervising, Bad Guys centers on Lea Morris, a NYPD detective and a single mom raising a teenage son, and her dad Nalin Morris, a recently paroled ex-con who wants a second chance with his daughter and a first with his grandson. Per the project’s logline, “Bad Guys affirms the ancient truth: You can’t pick your family, but with any luck you can arrest them.” Borrow and Miller will executive produce for Warner Bros TV where Miller is under a deal. The project reunites Miller and Borow with Fox — Miller served as showrunner on the network’s WBTV-produced drama Human Target, on which Borow was a writer. WME-repped Miller was executive producer/showrunner on the pilot for the upcoming CW/WBTV drama series The 100, on which he will be a consulting producer. He also recently sold a high-concept crime drama to ABC with a put pilot commitment. Borow, repped by UTA and Todd Rubenstein, is the writer/exec producer of USA’s comedy pilot Love Is Dead.
‘Chuck’ Duo Sells Daughter-Father Cop Drama To Fox
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup