EXCLUSIVE: Former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller has teamed with Zev Borow, former writer on the NBC spy dramedy, for a cop/family drama that has sold to Fox. Written by Borow with Miller supervising, Bad Guys centers on Lea Morris, a NYPD detective and a single mom raising a teenage son, and her dad Nalin Morris, a recently paroled ex-con who wants a second chance with his daughter and a first with his grandson. Per the project’s logline, “Bad Guys affirms the ancient truth: You can’t pick your family, but with any luck you can arrest them.” Borrow and Miller will executive produce for Warner Bros TV where Miller is under a deal. The project reunites Miller and Borow with Fox — Miller served as showrunner on the network’s WBTV-produced drama Human Target, on which Borow was a writer. WME-repped Miller was executive producer/showrunner on the pilot for the upcoming CW/WBTV drama series The 100, on which he will be a consulting producer. He also recently sold a high-concept crime drama to ABC with a put pilot commitment. Borow, repped by UTA and Todd Rubenstein, is the writer/exec producer of USA’s comedy pilot Love Is Dead.
‘Chuck’ Duo Sells Daughter-Father Cop Drama To Fox
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate