Paramount and Skydance Productions today confirmed that Christopher McQuarrie (Jack Reacher, The Way Of The Gun) will direct the next installment of their Mission: Impossible franchise. McQuarrie Tweeted the message “Mission: Accepted” and will reunite in the pic with his Jack Reacher star Tom Cruise. Deadline’s Mike Fleming first reported that McQuarrie was being eyed to direct the action sequel which will see franchise star Tom Cruise return as super spy Ethan Hunt. “The Mission series is special for its signature directors; Chris McQuarrie keeps this tradition thriving,” said Paramount Film Group President Adam Goodman. Drew Pearce is scripting the pic for Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions with Cruise and JJ Abrams‘ Bad Robot also producing. McQuarrie is repped by CAA.
TOLDJA: Christopher McQuarrie Confirmed To Helm ‘Mission: Impossible 5′
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'