Paramount and Skydance Productions today confirmed that Christopher McQuarrie (Jack Reacher, The Way Of The Gun) will direct the next installment of their Mission: Impossible franchise. McQuarrie Tweeted the message “Mission: Accepted” and will reunite in the pic with his Jack Reacher star Tom Cruise. Deadline’s Mike Fleming first reported that McQuarrie was being eyed to direct the action sequel which will see franchise star Tom Cruise return as super spy Ethan Hunt. “The Mission series is special for its signature directors; Chris McQuarrie keeps this tradition thriving,” said Paramount Film Group President Adam Goodman. Drew Pearce is scripting the pic for Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions with Cruise and JJ Abrams‘ Bad Robot also producing. McQuarrie is repped by CAA.
TOLDJA: Christopher McQuarrie Confirmed To Helm ‘Mission: Impossible 5′
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line