EXCLUSIVE: Cheyenne Jackson and Anthony Rapp are lined up to star in comedy Opening Night. The EBF Productions film is set during the evening bow of a high school production of Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Dream. Ryan Dixon, who is penning Triplets, the sequel to Danny DeVito/Arnold Schwarzenegger pic Twins, wrote the screenplay with Nena Girsch and Jack Henry Robbins based on Dixon’s original idea. Robbins is directing. The story follows the on-stage disasters and off-stage drama of a group of students, their teacher and a visiting B-list TV star on the big night. Mitchell Jarvis, Camille Cregan and Jessica Lauren Richards also star. Eric B. Fleischman and Girsch are producing and Dixon is exec producing with production to start this summer in Los Angeles. Jackson, Dixon, Cregan and Richards are repped by ICM Partners which packaged the film and is repping worldwide rights. Rapp is with Paradigm, Jarvis is with Talent House and Richards is repped by Bresler Kelly & Associates.
Cheyenne Jackson, Anthony Rapp Set For ‘Opening Night’ From ‘Triplets’ Ryan Dixon
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest Film News
- Sean Penn On Acting: “I'm Not In Love With That Anymore"
- ‘Taken’ Helmer Pierre Morel To Direct ‘The New Mrs. Keller’ With Claes Bang Set As Lead
- ‘Fonzo’: Jack Lowden Joins Al Capone Biopic Starring Tom Hardy
- Cannes Speculation 2018: Intrigue Spikes As Fest Lineup Reveal Looms
- John McEnroe Documentary Being Served Up For August Release Via Oscilloscope
- Netflix Sets May Start For Wash Westmoreland’s ‘The Earthquake Bird’; Alicia Vikander, Riley Keough To Star