(UPDATE, 3:55 PM: Jason Dufner has won the PGA Championship. This is his first major title win.) Tiger Woods may have had a bad day but the continuing CBS blackout on Time Warner Cable certainly didn’t hurt the network’s golf numbers on Saturday. Through TWC subscribers in NY, LA and Dallas couldn’t watch it, CBS’ airing on August 10 of the third round of the 2103 PGA Championship was up 30% from last year. With Jim Furyk taking the lead, the 11 AM – 4 PM PT telecast garnered a 3.0/8 result in household metered markets. The round at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, NY hit a peak of 3.5/9 between 2 PM and 3 PM. The same round on August 11, 2012 got a 2.3/5 result. Play on that day was delayed with 26 of the 72 contestants still on the course because of a thunderstorm hitting the Kiawah Island Golf Resort on the South Carolina island. Still, the Round 3 of the PGA Championship was also up 15% from the 2.6/6 the same round pulled in 2011 at the Atlanta Athletic Club in Johns Creek, Georgia. The tournament has done double digit well for TNT too. The cable channel’s 2013 Round 2 coverage on August 9 was up 42% over 2012 in HH metered markets for a 1.7 results. The airing hit its high with a 2.1 from 1:30 PM to 1:45 PM on Friday. TNT’s PGA Championship Round 1 and 2 coverage averaged a 1.4 rating this year. That’s up 56% from 2012 and the basic cable channel’s best two round result since the 1.6 it received in 2009. The PGA Championship continues Sunday.
CBS & TNT Get Double Digit PGA Championship Ratings Blast Over 2012 In First 3 Rounds
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…
- eOne Strikes First-Look Deal With Emily Mortimer’s King Bee Productions
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- BBC Backs Bansky Doc; Sundance London; BBC One Lines Up Saturday Night Format – Global Briefs
- ‘Victoria’: Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…